For businesses, insurance can be one of the largest expenses. While there are outside forces which may cause your premiums to rise, there are way to reduce the number of claims your company has to file. This can help keep your premiums more manageable. A dentist’s office has many hazards which can cause injuries to employees. Here are some tips to keep dentists’ workers’ comp claims from becoming out of control.
- When hiring new employees, make sure they can perform the duties they are being hired for.
- Do a background check on new employees.
- Provide safety training on all equipment.
- Establish preventative measures to reduce accidents.
- Promptly investigate accidents and injuries.
- Work with your insurance provider to get employees back to work as soon as possible.
Every business with employees should carry workers’ compensation insurance. As an employer, you should not sit back and assume your employees are complying with all preventative measures. You need to be proactive to ensure injuries don’t occur on the job. Your dentist’s workers’ comp insurance agency should provide you with even more tips to prevent specific injuries. Don’t wait until someone is hurt on the job to look at your insurance policy. Make sure you have the right insurance company to help you find the best pricing with service and claims handling to get the most out of your insurance dollars.